okay I'm not so much as a teacher on how I done my arts. But I'll show you people how I done my coolest picture in my gallery call "Free Me"
Fav the original finish piece too.
It all done on Photoshop Elemet 8 here are my steps:
1. do the sketch plot of how and where the pose goes.
2. Draw the line art that is base from the sketch plot, on another layer.
3. Color the picture in a different layer. When your done with the coloring go to Render>Lighting Effects and find a good light source.
4. Open a another layer over the 'color layer', and find a darker blue for the shading. Click on Layer>Create Clipping Mask to get the 'shade' layer to mask the 'color' layer. On the 'Shade" layer make it a Multiply and change the opacity to 36%. duplicate the 'shade' layer and Gaussian blur the bottom 'shade' layer.
5. Pick a white color for the highlight on the hair, and a light blue for the light source.
6. Use a wet media brush for the blood affect, between the line art and the bottom of the 'color' layer. To the Blood layer it must be a Multiply.
7. create a dark background.
8. Use a Broken glass brush on top of all the layers.
9. Finish it with a white brush and use the motion blur.
That is how I done my 'Free Me' picture on Rakehell. I hope you like it.
art by me(c)=Haevblade